Trafficmaster Trackstar CAT5
Thatcham Category 5 system for vehicle theft detection and recovery.
There is a unique wireless tag paired to the tracking unit. If this tag is not present, the system sends an alarm when the car is driven off. The monitoring centre will then attempt to call the driver or owner to verify if there is a theft situation, and then track the car. This process is designed to address 'key theft' (which accounts for the majority of thefts involving new vehicles) and ensures that the police are notified at the earliest opportunity.
The engine can be prevented from starting by a remote command from the monitoring centre.
- Approved for fitment to all current vehicles.
- Activates automatically when you leave the car
- Detects if the car is towed away
- Detects if the vehicle battery is disconnected
- Detects attempts to tamper with the tracking system
- Low quiescent drain (compared to many competitor systems)
- Pan-European service (with priority access to the police in more than 44 European countries)
- The all-inclusive price includes subscription (1-year or 3-year), pan-European cover, and unlimited usage roaming SIM card
- Backed by the appropriate warranty
- Recognized by insurance companies
Monitor your vehicle with the Trackstar App, the Stolen Vehicle Tracking App for Android and IOS.
The Trackstar App provides Trackstar customers with powerful functions to complement the Trackstar tracking system, such as:
Vehicle Location: Will show you the last known location of the vehicle, normally where the vehicle was parked.
Geofencing: Enables a Trackstar customer to define a location and receive an email alert if the vehicle is moved outside of the geofence.
Journey History: Provides a view of recent journeys.
Journey Replay: Allows the customer to replay a recent journey, showing the position of the vehicle and its speed for the duration of the journey. The app is now available and is downloadable from iTunes and Google Playstore.